Joe's Minecraft Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Joe's Minecraft Forum
Joe's Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finalizing the Exiled faction.

4 posters

Go down

Finalizing the Exiled faction. Empty Finalizing the Exiled faction.

Post  Scales Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 am

Me and shadow will edit this post for our final ideas on the Exiled. But we had some questions first.

-Is PvP still going to be on?

- Are there going to be other City type factions like Hadrian And Trajan? My original thought was that the exiled would be kind of an extra player in what would be the main war between more proper factions. Or will it be this one central city, with the Exiled as just an added danger?

-Will the Exiled be stuck in an area, similar to a city? We had planned that the Exiled would have free roam of the wilderness, and just make temporary camps, moving to avoid the danger of other factions.

-Will the Exiled still have nether access?

-Will the Exileds classes be equal to citizen classes?

The following aren't really questions, but ideas we wanted you to take a look at to make sure there isn't any problem with them.

Our idea for the Exiled was for them to be 100% unprotected. Just like if you built in the wilderness in the current server. While there wouldn't be any limitations on what they can build, they would have NO safety like those within a city. So their chests would be up for grabs, they would be in danger of being killed by other players ect. The only protection they have is that griefing is still not allowed.

Basically, the Exiled should have NO safe haven. No plots in some protected area, only your weapons and cunning to protect you.

Me and shadow intended this faction to be HARD. The idea was that it should stay the smallest faction. So we tried to give it great reward (Better chances for PvP, looting. Unrestricted building) for a very great risk.

We also didn't intend for Exiled to stick together as much as people in cities do. So there may very well be a camp on one side of the map, and a totally unrelated one on the other.

We realize that there would be problems with a bank and market for the Exiled. But that's just a part of life for them. They would have to risk entering a city to get to a bank, and most production will go to their own survival anyway.

It might sound near impossible to play, but me and shadow can't stress enough that that's the idea. It was intended as a hardcore side of the regular city life, one that not many would be willing to accept.

Shadows gone at the moment, and im sure he will have things to add. If we have any more questions we will just post them as a response.
Scales
Scales

Rep : 4

Back to top Go down

Finalizing the Exiled faction. Empty Re: Finalizing the Exiled faction.

Post  JoeGandy1 Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:13 am

There will only be one city, belonging to the citizens, exiled are free to live in any area of the wilderness, they can't enter the city, pvp will still be outside the city with looting, so you idea still stands they just can't be a middle man any more, they'll be free to create nether portals...

The idea is that if you're a exiled you get a lot more benefits, but loose safety, which is what i think that you're thinking of..

JoeGandy1
JoeGandy1
Admin
Admin

Rep : 22

http://www.joesminecraftforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Fangs Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Indeed, a good assumption of the general idea. Having them be a 3rd party would have acted as a form of protection in itself, but without it the exiled will need something that gives them an edge in defending themselves and terrorizing the wild. With them as essentially the opposing faction of the citizens, I would prefer it if the exiled were a reason for the citizens to fear the wild, and not as a weak but elusive band of players who have to flee from confrontations. The benefits would have to be very sensitive though, as making the class overpowered would only draw people to pick it and flood the wild with players. This would obviously defeat the purpose of the small and deadly group of players that serve as rare but dangerous Hostile Mob. With having to move our camps around, the abandoned ones would provide player-generated ruins for citizens to explore.

One advantage would be a way to hide our people, such as having our default be hidden on the dynmap. Someone who joins could easily give away a camp out of ignorance, and if we did not move in time the cost could be great. We may not stick together, but obviously with civilization against us our chances might be better if we did. That decision, though, should be up to the individuals who join. I would even go as far as to suggest a free /sethome, as we will be moving around a good bit and may not always have a bed handy for that creeper who was waiting in the tree that we didn't see.

Along the same vein, our structures would stand out on the map as well. It might be hard to tell at first, but all it would take is a devoted citizen or an unlucky placement of a block that stands out on the map for us to be overrun. At the moment I can think of no solution for this. Perhaps being constantly on the move would be the answer, or build underground, but I would rather the exiled weren't mole people.... And I know i'd like to stay in a house for a short time every now and then.
Shadow_Fangs
Shadow_Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Scales Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:21 pm

We had another idea. This one is kinda radical but we thought that it would make sure that the Exiled are truly a threat and that the citizens cant just sethome in a camp and cause problems.

Maybe if it was even a simple rule, but have it so that Citizens cant hide themselves on the dynmap.
Scales
Scales

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeGandy1 Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm

On what shadow said:

I agree but the exiled are kind of the hidden in the wild, they'll attack when you least expect it, i don't think they can afford to have a pretty little obvious house standing on the map.

On what Scales/CTM said:

I'll definitely do this, exiled will be able to /dynmap hide and citizens won't. I see what you mean, it gives the citizens a real fear of the wilderness knowing they could be attacked at any moment out there. On that not as well i'll make the city hostile to exiled, so a citzen can attack a exiled there but no the other way around.
JoeGandy1
JoeGandy1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeGandy1 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 am

also if you are interested i was thinking the exiled could be unrestricted by class, so they can mine, farm, cut trees, do metal work, anything, while a citzen is restricted to two attributes, e.g. lumberjack and carpenter
JoeGandy1
JoeGandy1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scales Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 pm

How are these classes going to work exactly? It sounds like you get a choice between a few of them. Such as being a miner and a lumberjack?

And how do combat classes tie into it? You cant pick two combat classes could you lol?
Scales
Scales

Back to top Go down

Post  Pere250 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 pm

You could pick 2 combat classes but... you just might be broke more easily.
Pere250
Pere250

Rep : 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_746515&

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeGandy1 Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm not sure if i'm going with classes, they take so much to maintain...
JoeGandy1
JoeGandy1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pere250 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 am

Yes they would, take your time to make them work. Don't try to rush them Razz
Pere250
Pere250

Back to top Go down

Post  Scales Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:01 am

JoeGandy1 wrote:I'm not sure if i'm going with classes, they take so much to maintain...

You mean its going to be vanilla regarding the actual players? No skills or extra features for choosing one class over another?
Scales
Scales

Back to top Go down

Post  Pere250 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:09 am

He is not shut yet, he might, he might not.
Pere250
Pere250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down